Monday, September 1, 2008

Arrival of my baby Prince Ethan Chin on 22/08/2008

21st Aug 2008, i'm admitted to KKH to induce my baby out as we have chosen 22nd Aug 2008 to deliver our dear Ethan Chin.

At 6pm, here i was at delivery suite..so fast going to deliver?! no la..


I'm doing CTG to check Ethan's heartbeat & my frequency of contractions before the nurse can proceed to induce my baby.


The top part is Ethan's heartbeat, the bottom part is the frequency of my contractions. Look at his heartbeat, so messy, coz he's v active, busy kicking & boxing me lo...my contractions still quite far apart..about 5-6mins per contraction.


My hubby is here to give me 'MORAL' support..what else can he do?! keke!


Not even 7pm leh..my dear laogong trying to catch some sleep ah?! he knew he can't really get to sleep throughout the nite liao..haha..


I'm back to my own labour ward to watch tv, rest & EAT..time to replenish my stomach with McDonald meal BEFORE my contractions start to torture me..need ENERGY to push later ah..wahaha..


22nd Aug 08, 12am, my contractions start to get intense, about 1-2mins per contraction..i FINALLY know what is contractions all about!!!

By then, the nurse sent me back to Delivery Suite..i can't bear the pain any longer..where is my epidural?!!


BY 2.30am, i'm oredi 2.5am dilate..finally my midwife allowed me to take epidural liao..see..i can finally close my eyes & rest..however, i did not really get to sleep at all..


By 10am, i have fully dilated-10cm. Know what?! i hv been pushing from 10am-12plus pm!!!!!!! Usually if u push for 1hr plus, gynae will 'save' u via other alternatives methods..but where is my gynae?!!!

My midwife thought i din push well, wanna me to feel the contractions to push HARDER. so she increased my pain level by lowering my epidural from 10 to 7 to 5!! Super painful indeed..by 12pm, i nearly give up, yet my gynae who yet to appear wanna put medicine in my drip to INCREASE my pain. Faintz..i beg my midwife not to do it. i can't bear any MORE pain. HELP!!!!

Poor me, keep waiting for my gynae who is BUSY delivering other babies. There was a total of 4 preggy under my gynae were in labour @ the SAME time. I realised i'm the LAST. Why am i so "LUCKY"?!!


Finally my gynae came, told me that my baby's head was not directly at the birth canal, so mz use vacuum to assist my delivery. If only he can come earlier & do it for me, i would not hv to suffer for soooooo...LONG. With vacumm & my final pushes, my baby Ethan finally come out!! My pains were worth while after all!!! Wow..he weighs 3.195kg at the point of delivery..


My Ethan was nicely cleaned up..see his hands & legs..busy moving about..haha..


Now his hands & legs wrapped up liao..oh no..can't kick & shake around liaoz..haha..

8 comments:

James said...

chey.. u posted all together at the same time, why did u even bother to part 1 part 2? haha..

at least ah huay more efficient than u in updating blog.. hehe..

so is my nephew fun to play with? wat's his chinese name?

Messy Babe said...

haha..i post at different timing mah...though on the same day..

ya nephew v notti lo..wake up in the middle of the nite & sleep in the daytime..faintz..whole family can't sleep coz his cries r super loud. ;p

Messy Babe said...

ya hor..this reminds me..maybe i can combine them together..hee..

James said...

tats why ask u to sleep whenever he sleeps. cos baby no concept of day and night.. their body clock work in time intervals, ok 2 hrs liao, let's make some noise..

Messy Babe said...

2hrs still ok..he daytime can sleep more than 4hrs, midnite wake up liao, refuse go back to zzz...

i try to sleep in the daytime, but kinda difficult to sleep long..haiz..

Qinqin said...

haha.. ur ethan same as my jayden.. haiz.. made me backache.. haiz.. hehe.. but still its all worth it to see them growing up well n healthy...

Qinqin said...

upload pic of ethan now lehz.. bb change everyday 1..

Messy Babe said...

wahaha...ok..i busy breastfeeding..lazy go online lately..keke!!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker